After the success of the title marketing on AK vs AK, The Rabbits are back with a fresh new campaign for Ajeeb Daastaans.
Idea: Ajeeb Daastaans is an anthology with four different stories but one commonality, a surprising twist at the end. The Rabbit Hole team strategized the campaign to this common factor and the illustrious cast of the film.
Creative Approach: In order to drive an interesting campaign, The Rabbit Hole focussed on the following
- Incorporating the core emotions of the film
- Showcasing “twists” in each phase of the campaign
- Featuring the entire cast
- Remote Shoots With the onslaught of the second wave, all the shoots had to be virtual, which meant changing the promotion concept and getting script approval at extremely short notice;
- Shoot rescheduling: The high number of celebrities needed in one frame led to multiple cancellations and rescheduling. The Rabbit Hole team kept up with all of it and made sure they didn’t miss out on any cast member, regardless of how last-minute they requested to shoot. They shoot separately with each cast member and stitched the video seamlessly using the magic of post-production.
Execution: The release of this property was phased out in three phases:
Phase 1 – Build-Up: In this phase, a set of reels starring the cast of the title was posted. These reels were in a Shayari format. Throwing subtle hints at the film’s plot twist, the reels were cross-posted on the various cast members’ Instagram handles. The scripting and conceptualization for this phase were done by The Rabbit Hole team. A few reels can be viewed here:
Phase 2 – Amplification: To amplify the campaign, The Rabbit Hole team collaborated with Terribly Tiny Tales. They did so by doing the following:
- The bio of the TTT page was altered to promote the film
- Terribly Tiny Twisted tales video post was put up on the TTT IG page
- Terribly Tiny Twisted tales carousel post was put up on the TTT IG page
Phase 3 – Video Drops: There were a total of three videos that were put out to promote the film.
Additionally, a video on Terribly Twisted Tales was posted on the Netflix India account.
The Rabbit pulled a ‘fast’ one. In just 7 days the team shot 4 assets with another 7 days for post production.